Safety Guide - Kind Ride Share
Safety GuideKind Ride Share was first created in the summer of 2001 and hosted under a subdomain by ZiaNet out of Las Cruces, New Mexico. It was later moved to its own domain name, KindRideShare.net, in 2002. Then, in March of 2003, Kind Ride Share was recommended to travelers by Rolling Stone magazine. Here is what they published."KindRideShare.net It's worth stopping here to see if someone's going your way, but don't let the 'Kindness' at this site coax you into thinking that every ride is a safe one." David Malley, Rolling Stone magazine, 35th Anniversary Special Edition entitled "American Icons" (March 2003, page 64).TRUE THAT!To help raise the level of trustworthiness in ridesharing, Kind Ride Share now offers users the option to complete an online passport. The Commuter Passport is a convenient place to store and privately share personal information commonly required while in the process of arranging a rideshare. It can only be shared--by you--using the options provided on the form used to contact other members who are listed in the rideshare. All communications exchanged in the rideshare is stored separate from the rest of the platform for privacy and enhanced security protections.DISCLAIMERAll arrangements made after meeting one another on this platform are informally reached between the parties involved and ARE NOT enforceable as being legally binding in any court of competent jurisdiction. Any arrangements made, after networking through this platform, are strictly between the parties involved who are each personally responsible for any legal requirements or obligations reached in any binding agreement. Kind Ride Share is not responsible for any issues that may arise in a rideshare you arrange, using this platform. All arrangements made are private between the parties and conducted at their own risk.Your safety during a rideshare is your responsibility. This also applies when meeting anyone on this platform for the first time.To help facilitate the process of getting to know one another beforehand, and to help increase safety, Kind Ride Share offers highly customizable Commuter Profile pages for members to express their personality and demeanor. These profiles are designed to allow users to build their ridesharing reputation and establish trust. They are also designed to enable users to build their own ridesharing network long in advance of any planned trip.PRIVACY RIGHTSKind Ride Share DOES NOT own or share the personal information users store in their Commuter Passport and this information is not published on the web. Personal information can only be shared by the user when sending or answering a request from within the Hitchhiker. For safety reasons, all communications exchanged in the Hitchhiker cannot be deleted or removed from the server until 90 days after the rideshare has ended. Only the authors of the communications can delete or remove messages from the Hitchhiker after the 90 day waiting period has been exceeded.USER SAFETYHere are some important safety rules related to accounts:
Never trust an incomplete commuter profile or one whose culture, worldview, personality or demeanor does not align with your own. This is even more true, given today's toxic environment within our society that was created by the larger, Wall Street driven social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Google, MSN, etc.For all our safety, members are strongly encouraged to participate on this platform by building their reputation for others to trust. Kind Ride Share is not a blind, people networking platform.DRIVER AND RIDER SAFETYBoth parties should discuss driving safety issues before embarking in a rideshare. Do not rideshare with alcohol, drugs, fire arms, or any other item that could cause you harm or the police to become alarmed in the event you encounter a stop.Do not allow drinking and driving. In fact, make it a strict rule that there will be no consumption of any mind- or mood-altering substances at any time during the rideshare.
- Kind Ride Share uses AI algorithms to detect phantom and/or fake accounts. The process can take up to 90 days in more sophisticated schemes but normally occurs within the first 30 days after the account has been created.
- Time limits on the number of messages that can be sent are in place to prevent FLOODING and SPAM. These time limits provide early warning detections that trigger AI algorithms to watch the activity of an account. Accounts that send SPAM to other users are deactivated automatically by the algorithms but not deleted. Each user gets the benefit of the doubt unless the algorithms detect a hot account.
- Fake accounts are permanently removal from the server without notice.
- Accounts that are dormant for more then 90 days are placed in hibernation until the user returns. A simple login wakes up an account that has been hibernated.
- Listings in the rideshare that do not respond to requests are removed from the rideshare and sent to the user's archives. They can be renewed at anytime using the Hitchhiker.
- Accounts that do not respond to internal messages using the Dispatch Messenger for more than 90 days are also placed in hibernation and can no longer be accessed using Interstate 01, its share URL, or any bookmarks that visitors may have saved in their device.
Always ask for identification. Only accept government issued photo identification cards. DO NOT accept a passport photo ID, college ID, a Photo Visa card, etc., unless the individual has at least three pieces of mail dated at least 30 days apart from each other that were sent through the mail. These may include a billing receipt from a long-established business or corporation, a phone bill, lease receipt, etc.Before you travel with someone you should:
- Animals should be properly contained.
- Do not carry large amounts of cash or expose any more money than you are willing to share.
- Please keep in mind that not everyone can be trusted.
- Trust your initial feelings and don't travel with someone you don't trust.
Passengers getting into a rideshare should ask the driver for their:
- Exchange telephone numbers and make arrangements over the telephone and not via email;
- When making arrangements, always insist you meet in a public that is well lit;
- Only accept the rideshare if you feel comfortable and safe with the driver;
- Drivers offering a lift should give someone they know well the following details:
- The person they will be meeting with;
- where and when you will be meeting;
- the destination of the rideshare;
- the estimated data and time when expected to be at the destination;
Any of the following items that are in the vehicle at the time you start your ride share should be declared.
- State issued driver's license;
- the make, model and color of their vehicle;
- proof of registration;
- proof of insurance.
Do not get into the vehicle if these do not correspond to what was provided in the driver's details;Passengers should give someone the following details:
- Drugs and/or alcohol
- Weapons of any kind (they should be locked in strong box that is locked in the trunk of the vehicle)
- Any illegal items that may constitute a misdemeanor or felony offense
If there are other passengers accompanying the rideshare, each party should disclose to one another:
- The name of the person they are meeting with;
- the URL to the driver's posted details on the rideshare that you responded to. (This will contain information concerning the make, model and color of the vehicle; proof of registration, and proof of insurance).
Always take the time to meet each person in the rideshare in a setting where you can talk and evaluate your personalities safely.Personal security is a very important consideration with regard to ridesharing, especially in view of the many potentials between strangers sharing a car together. If you do not feel safe with the person(s) you meet, don't accept the rideshare. The Kind Ride Share is not responsible for anything that might happen in a rideshare so please use your best judgment.Always rate the rideshare when it has completed. These ratings help others when considering a rideshare.If you encounter any serious problems contact email@example.com.Good luck!
- Their true name;
- a state issued photo ID;