YOU MUST BE OF LEGAL AGE OF CONSENT WITHIN THE STATE WHERE YOU RESIDE TO JOIN.
For your convenience, a map and listing of all ages of consent for each state is provided at the bottom of this page, to help you determine the legal age of consent within the state where you are a legal resident.
KindRideShare.net is a digital media communications tool dependant upon the reliability of user connectivity and willingness to participate. To maintain membership, users must comply with the following minimum requirements.
(1) Incomplete profiles cannot be accessed by visitors, meaning no one can see or community with the member. Each member is minimally required to provide insight into their interests, personality, and culture.
(2) Profiles that remain incomplete for more than 30 days are considered abandoned and scheduled for removal.
(3) Members should expect to receive monthly check-in requests, to ensure their lines of communication are open to the community.
(4) Accounts that do not respond to check-in requests are placed in hibernation and cannot be accessed by visitors until the owner's next log in.
(5) Accounts that are in hibernation for more than 6 months are scheduled for removal.
(6) Deleted accounts cannot be recovered but the user may join again in the future.
(7) Email addresses and/or cellular numbers associated with abandoned accounts cannot be used to create a new account in the future. Members are advised to delete their account instead
(8) Members wishing to remain anonymous until they post in the rideshare may set their Privacy Settings to Me Only, after they have completed their profile.
KindRideShare.net LLC is a Limited Liability Corporation located in the State of Colorado. KindRideShare.us; PhunkyRide.com, and Interstate01.net are regsitered trade names of KindRideShare.net LLC. All names are one in the same. KindRideShare.net is identified by its slogans "Got a Ride? Need a Ride? Let's Rideshare!", "Magical Mystery Ride of Kindness", "We don't have to be friends to be kind to one another," and "Get There in a Phunky Rideshare." PhunkyRide.com, is identified by its slogans "Get there in a Phunky Ride share!". Commercial use of these words in their style and arrangement without the expressed permission of KindRideShare.net LLC is strictly prohibited, unless immediately preceded by the term "KindRideShare.net", "PhunkyRide.com", or "Interstate01.net" and styled as it appears on this page.
Your use of this website is at your own free will and with a complete understanding of the risks involved when meeting new people from the web. Not everyone can be trusted, especially those who are unwilling to share personal information when making arrangements for a ride share. Please read my Safety Guide for tips on how to carpool and rideshare safely.
You are ultimately responsible for your own personal safety, when participating in a rideshare or carpool that you were able to arrange, on your own, using the tools provided at this website. KindRideShare.net, Interstate01.net, and/or PhunkyRide.com is not in any way shape or form responsible for any injury or harm done as a result of the arrangements you make using the tools provided at this website.
KindRideShare.net LLC does NOT own the data posted on its website; it belongs to each user respectively. The content you post must not violate these Terms and Conditions. KindRideShare.net LLC retains the right to delete any and all illegal and/or abusive content that user's post on its pages, to include private areas, as well as to filter or delete any content from being displayed to others that violates these terms and conditions. For the protection of the ride sharing community joining this website, KindRideShare.net LLC further retains the right to store and share any and all information concerning abuse and the person(s) causing the abuse.
KindRideShare.net LLC is subject to United States export controls. No content may be downloaded from this website or otherwise exported or re-exported (i) into (or to a national or resident of) Cuba, Iraq, Libya, North Korea, Iran, Syria, or any other Country to which the U.S. has embargoed goods; or (ii) to anyone on the U.S. Treasury Department's list of Specially Designated Nationals or the U.S. Commerce Department's Table of Deny Orders. By downloading content or using KindRideShare.net Interstate01.net, and/or PhunkyRide.com you represent and warrant that you are not located in, under the control of, or a national or resident of any such country or on any such list.
KindRideShare.net LLC is only responsible for the security of its domain names, DNS records, server, data storage systems, and website(s). Each user is responsible for the security of their own account.
KindRideShare.net uses what are called "session cookies" to authenticate users as they surf the website. Once these cookies expire or are deleted, the user is automatically logged out and taken to the log in page.
Session cookies delete themselves after a user logs out of their account or closes their web browser. However, there is always a chance these cookies remain allowing anyone using your device access your account. For this reason, always make sure you clear your history and close your browser before walking away.
Please observe the following advice to keep your account secure:
Never share your login information.
Change your password often.
Goto "Settings," select "Password," then designate your email address or phone number as your login username instead of the nickname you chose for yourself. This makes it harder for would-be intruders to break into your account because they would have to guess both your username and password instead of just your password.
While still in settings, select "Notifications" then scroll to "Account Security." If you enable notifications for "[w]hen someone logs into your account," KindRideShare.net will provide you you with a lockout link to protect your account in the event it was not you who logged in. In addition to locking your account, the link also logs you in so you can make changes to your login credentials.
Always clear your browser's history when you are done using it. In fact, it is wise to clear your history as often as possible, to prevent trackers from allowing commercial websites to track your movements and choices as you surf the web.
If available, always use two-step verification. Of course, this too would not be effective if you shared the device where you receive the two-step verification code.
In addition to the user's responsibility in securing their account, KindRideShare.net LLC does protect against brute force attempts to break into accounts.
1. Eligibility.Until such time KindRideShare.net is able to employ an adequate staff of international coordinators and compliance monitors, only citizens of the United States of America may access the website and/or become a member at this time. United States citizens must be of the legal age of consent within the jurisdiction where they reside to register as a member or use the Website. Membership in the Service is void where prohibited. By using the Website, you represent and warrant that you have the right, authority, and capacity to enter into this Agreement and to abide by all of the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
2. Term.This Agreement will remain in full force and effect while you use the Website and/or are a Member. You may terminate your membership at any time, for any reason, by following the instructions on the Desktop pages, or upon receipt by KindRideShare.net. KindRideShare.net may terminate your membership at any time and for any reason, effective upon sending notice at the email address or SMS number provided in your Desktop. If KindRideShare.net terminates your membership in the Service because you have breached the Agreement, you will not be entitled to any refund of unused subscription fees. Even after membership is terminated, this Agreement will remain in effect. Even after this Agreement is terminated, certain provisions will remain in effect, including sections 4, 5, 7 and 9-14 of this Agreement.
3. Non Commercial Use by Members.Standard membership (free account) is for the personal use of individual Members ONLY and may not be used in connection with any commercial endeavors. Organizations, companies, and/or businesses must register through the KindRideShare.net subscription service. Illegal and/or unauthorized uses of the Website, including collecting usernames and/or email addresses of members by electronic or other means for the purpose of sending unsolicited email and unauthorized framing of or hot linking to any digital content hosted at the Website will be investigated, and appropriate legal action will be taken, including without limitation, civil, criminal, and/or injunctive redress.
4. Proprietary Rights in Content on KindRideShare.net.KindRideShare.net owns and retains all proprietary rights in the Website and the Service. The Website contains the copyrighted material, trademarks, and other proprietary information of KindRideShare.net, and its licensors. Except for any personally generated information and that which is in the public domain or for which you have been given written permission, you may not copy, modify, publish, transmit, distribute, perform, display, and/or sell any such proprietary information. At no time may you, by any means, access the raw scripting code developed to create, host, and deliver KindRideShare.net to the World Wide Web. Any unauthorized access constitutes a crime and may result in civil and/or criminal action taken against you and your assets.
5. Content Posted on the Website.a. You understand and agree that KindRideShare.net may review and delete any content, messages, KindRideShare.net Mail Messenger messages and forum postings, to include photos and other digital media as well as any member profile data (collectively, "Content"), that in the sole judgment of KindRideShare.net violate this Agreement or which might be illegal under the laws of the State of Colorado and/or the United States of America. All other content, to include content unsuitable for the general public or persons of special interest, is considered as expressions of personal culture and therefore protected under the First Amendment of the United States Constitution. Providing any content posted does not violate any law of the aforementioned jurisdictions, KindRideShare.net will not remove any such content or delete any Member account based on third-party opinion even if it conveys a strong message not suitable for general viewing. To do otherwise would fly in the face of KindRideShare.net's loyalty to the fundamental principles of free expression as protected by the constitutions of the State of Colorado and the United States of America.b. You are solely responsible for the Content that you publish or display (hereinafter, "post") on the Service, or transmit to other Members.c. By posting Content to any viewing area of KindRideShare.net, you automatically grant, and you represent and warrant that you have the right to grant, to KindRideShare.net and its viewers an irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive, fully paid, worldwide license to use, copy, perform, display, and distribute such information and content and to prepare derivative works of, or incorporate into other works, such information and content, and to grant and authorize sublicenses to such content.d. The following is a partial list of the kind of Content that is illegal or prohibited on the Website. KindRideShare.net reserves the right to investigate and take appropriate legal action in its sole discretion against anyone who violates this provision, including without limitation, removing the illegal communication from the Service and terminating the membership of such violators. It includes Content that:1. involves the transmission of "junk mail", "chain letters," or unsolicited mass mailing or "spamming";2. promotes information that you know is false, misleading or promotes illegal activities;3. promotes an illegal or unauthorized copy of another person's copyrighted work, such as providing pirated computer programs or other digital media, providing information to circumvent manufacture-installed copy-protect devices, or providing pirated music or video files;4. provides material that exploits people under the age of 18 in a sexual or violent manner, or solicits personal information from anyone under 18;5. provides instructional information about illegal activities such as making or buying illegal weapons or providing or creating computer viruses;6. solicits passwords or personal identifying information for commercial or unlawful purposes from other users; and7. engages in any commercial activities and/or sales without KindRideShare.net's prior written consent.e. You must use the Service in a manner consistent with any and all applicable laws and regulations applicable within the jurisdiction where you are located at the time you access KindRideShare.net.g. Standard Members joining under a free account may not engage in advertising to, or solicitation of, other Members to buy or sell any products or services through the Service. You may not transmit any chain letters or junk email to other Members. Although KindRideShare.net cannot monitor the conduct of its Members off the Website, it is also a violation of these terms to use any information obtained from the Service in order to harass, abuse, or harm another person, or in order to contact, advertise to, solicit, or sell to any Member without their prior explicit consent. In order to protect our Members from such advertising or solicitation, KindRideShare.net reserves the right to restrict the number of messages which a Member may send to other Members in any given time period which KindRideShare.net deems appropriate in its sole discretion.
6. CopyrightAll KindRideShare.net users must respect the copyrights in works that are accessible through computers connected to the KindRideShare.net network. Federal copyright law prohibits the reproduction, distribution, public display or public performance of copyrighted materials without permission of the copyright owner, unless fair use or another exemption under copyright law applies. In appropriate circumstances, KindRideShare.net will terminate the network access of users who are found to have repeatedly infringed the copyrights of others.Members with questions about copyright or this policy may contact KindRideShare.net by sending email to email@example.com or by visiting the Help forum at kindrideshare.net.You may not post, distribute, or reproduce in any way any copyrighted material, trademarks, or other proprietary information without obtaining the prior written consent of the owner of such proprietary rights. Without limiting the foregoing, if you believe that your work has been copied and posted on the Website in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide our Copyright Agent (kindrideshare.net) with the following information: an electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest; a description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed; a description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the Website (page URL); your address, telephone number, and email address; a written statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or an agent authorized to act on the copyright owner's behalf.
7. Subscription.KindRideShare.net offers two (2) subscription program services:a. Standard - Only individuals who are accessing KindRideShare.net for the purpose of getting connected in a carpool or rideshare may register for and maintain a Standard membership account. There are no fees or term limitations for the standard use of KindRideShare.net providing such use is by a human using their own hands. Any given user may only register and maintain one (1) account. Accounts that are dormant for at least twelve (12) months will be deactivated until reclaimed.b. Paid - Only individuals who are accessing KindRideShare.net for the purpose of networking for a carpool or rideshare and who wish to contact an unlimited number of members may hold and maintain a paid membership account. Paid Membership costs $3.50 per month, billable in cycles of one (1) year ($42), and only entitles the Member to unlimited access to the communications tools offered by the Service. All other privileges granted under the KindRideShare.net Standard account remain unaffected.
8. Member Disputes.You are solely responsible for your interactions with other KindRideShare.net Members. KindRideShare.net reserves the right, but has no obligation, to monitor disputes between you and other Members.
10. Disclaimers.KindRideShare.net is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate Content posted on the Website or in connection with the Service, whether caused by users of the Website, Members, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Service by Members. KindRideShare.net is not responsible for the conduct, whether online or offline, of any user of the Website or Member of the Service. KindRideShare.net assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, user or Member communications. KindRideShare.net is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of email or Members on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any Website or combination thereof, including injury or damage to users and/or Members or to any other person's computer related to or resulting from participating or downloading materials in connection with the Web and/or in connection with the Service. Under no circumstances will KindRideShare.net be responsible for any loss or damage, including personal injury or death, resulting from anyone's use of the Website or the Service, any Content posted on the Website or transmitted to Members, or any interactions between users of the Website, whether online or offline. The Website and the Service are provided "AS-IS" and KindRideShare.net expressly disclaims any warranty of fitness for a particular purpose or non-infringement. KindRideShare.net cannot guarantee and does not promise any specific results from use of the Website and/or the Service.
11. Limitation on Liability.Except in jurisdictions where such provisions are restricted, in no event will KindRideShare.net be liable to you or any third person for any indirect, consequential, exemplary, incidental, special or punitive damages, including any lost profits arising from your use of the Web site or the Service, even if KindRideShare.net has been advised of the possibility of such damages. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary contained herein, KindRideShare.net liability to you for any cause whatsoever, and regardless of the form of the action, will at all times be limited to the amount paid, if any, by you to KindRideShare.net for the Service during the term of subscription.
12. U.S. Export Controls.Software from this Website (the "Software") is further subject to United States export controls. No Software may be downloaded from the Website or otherwise exported or re-exported:(i) into (or to a national or resident of) Cuba, Iraq, Libya, North Korea, Iran, Syria, or any other Country to which the U.S. has embargoed goods; or (ii) to anyone on the U.S. Treasury Department's list of Specially Designated Nationals or the U.S. Commerce Department's Table of Deny Orders. By downloading or using the Software, you represent and warrant that you are not located in, under the control of, or a national or resident of any such country or on any such list.
13. Disputes.If there is any dispute about or involving the Website and/or the Service, by using the Website, you agree that the dispute will be governed by the laws of the State of Colorado and the United States of America without regard to its conflict of law provisions. You agree to personal jurisdiction by and venue in the State and District of Colorado.
14. Indemnity.You agree to indemnify and hold KindRideShare.net, its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, agents, and other partners and employees, harmless from any loss, liability, claim, or demand, including reasonable attorney's fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of your use of the Service in violation of this Agreement and/or arising from a breach of this Agreement and/or any breach of your representations and warranties set forth above.
15. Drug and Alcohol Free.KindRideShare.net maintains a strict, zero tolerance Drug and Alcohol policy. At no time may an entity or entities known to promote the manufacturing, sales, distribution, and/or illegal consumption of mind altering and/or intoxicating substances may publish, use, promote, brandish, and/or send referrals from any forum or population may access KindRideShare.net. At no time will a Member consume or have possession of any illegal substance(s) that may pose a threat to the safety of the ridesharing community. Users must also understand that in some states, such as the State of South Dakota, citizens can be criminally charged for "Possession by Consumption." This means even the use of marijuana with detectable levels within the fluids produced by the body is a crime in that state which threatens the rideshare community. For those who violate this policy, it is important to understand that the use and/or promotion of KindRideShare.net or any part of its brand to any population that may threaten the safety of the ridesharing community is not a matter of the DMCA but rather one of safety and security.
16. Other.This Agreement, accepted upon use of the Website and further affirmed by becoming a Member of the Service, contains the entire agreement between you and KindRideShare.net regarding the use of the Website and/or the Service. If any provision of this Agreement is held invalid, the remainder of this Agreement shall continue in full force and effect.Please contact KindRideShare.net by sending email to firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions regarding this agreement.
Legal RequirementsKindRideShare.net is an online social networking website that is powered by custom coded CGI programming to include Perl, PHP, MOD_WRITE and MySQL. Because the data used to populate the content present at this website is the result of user input, KindRideShare.net qualifies for certain immunities providing it complies with the laws, rules, and regulations governing Web 2.0 applications. One requirement is that KindRideShare.net makes available to its users the policies in place governing the use of the social networking services provided. This page satisfies that requirement.
Layman TermsKindRideShare.net is not going to sell your personal information to anyone for any reason! No If's, And's or But's about it! KindRideShare.net will only provide your information under the order of a recognized court providing a search warrant for such information! Or in an emergency situation using best judgement practices, KindRideShare.net may provide information to recognized law enforcement agencies but only when compelled to do so under applicable law that is legally enforceable within the jurisdiction where the site is being hosted (San Francisco, California). Even under such circumstances, any information hosted on its server by Standard users is for the personal expression of worldview and culture.
Your IP AddressLike most social networking Websites, each time you visit KindRideShare.net, it automatically collects your IP address and the web page from which you came in its server-side traffic logs. In order to administer and optimize the Website, your IP address is used to help identify your connection and to gather broad demographic information about your browser and geographical access point.
Information Collected From YouIn order to operate the Website and to provide you with information about services that may be of interest to you, KindRideShare.net may collect "personal information" (i.e. information that could be used to contact you directly (without using the Website) such as your full name, postal address, phone number or email address), "financial information" (i.e. credit card numbers or passwords) or "demographic information" (i.e. information that you submit, or that the Website collects, that is neither personal information nor financial information; this may include, but is not limited to, zip code, postal code, hometown, gender, username, age, birth date, activity history information, browsing history information, searching history information, registration history information, and the content of communications between you and the Website that you have posted on any of the open forums), subject to the rest of this paragraph. Demographic information is divided into two categories: 1) "non-public information", which consists of usage history information and public communications that you have posted in the open forums between you and other users of the Website outside of our internal personal mail center; and 2) "public information", which consists of all other demographic information. KindRideShare.net asks that you do not enter personal information or financial information into your "Profile" (for example, don't use your address or passcode as your username, or include your name or address in your written responses), because if you do then it may be posted publicly on the Website, and the information will then be treated as "demographic information" that is "public information." Please note that nowhere on the Website does KindRideShare.net knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 18, as KindRideShare.net requires that all users represent to us that they are at least 18 years old. Users who are not at least 18 years of age are treated differently in that KindRideShare.net takes additional steps to protect the information they provide. KindRideShare.net further restricts such users from accessing any content that may be deemed adult oriented or which may require approval from a guardian.
How KindRideShare.net Uses Personal InformationKindRideShare.net uses your email address and other personal information to help efficiently operate the Website, to contact you in connection with your activities on the Website (including, but not limited to, notifications of page activity, confirmation emails or important news that could affect your relationship with KindRideShare.net, and to forward messages to you from other KindRideShare.net users). These types of communications are known as "Operational Communications." In some cases, Operational Communications may also contain commercial messages, such as banner ads and special offers.KindRideShare.net also uses personal information to send you newsletters, information, other promotional materials for KindRideShare.net or third-party goods or services that you specifically opt-in to receive. From time to time, KindRideShare.net may attempt to send you information that may be of value to you, such helpful tips, safety and awareness bulletins, site news, or special event information. Through its email subscription service, the Website provides you with options to decline to receive communications from KindRideShare.net (other than those contained in Operational Communications). Some of these options may only be for certain categories of communications; others may be more general. By joining KindRideShare.net, you are opting in to receive email and/or text messages from its server. To stop receiving email from KindRideShare.net, go to your Desktop, click on "My Settings," then uncheck the options that are available.To operate the Website, including processing your transactions and supporting your activities on the Website, we may share your personal information with our agents, representatives, contractors and service providers so they can provide us with support services such as authorization of credit card transactions, email origination, receipt or support services, customer relationship management services, service fulfillment and/or promotional fulfillment of ridesharing related services. We require these entities not to use your information for any other purpose.By purchasing, or registering or making reservations for, products or services offered or sponsored by third parties on the Website, or electing to receive communications (such as emails or magazine subscriptions) or electing to participate in contests, sweepstakes or other programs (such as discount or rewards programs), offered or sponsored by third parties on the Website, you consent to our providing your personal information to those third parties. However, such consent is only granted at the time you engage in any of the aforementioned activities. Those third parties may use your personal information in accordance with their own privacy policies. You will need to contact those third parties to instruct them directly regarding your preferences for the use of your personal information by them. Additionally, you agree that we may use and disclose all such information so submitted to such third parties in the same manner in which we are entitled to use and disclose any other information you submit to us.In some cases, we may enter into a promotional relationship with another company in which we prominently display their brand name or trademarks on pages of the Website. These pages are known as "Co-Branded Pages" and these companies are known as "Co-Branded Companies." If the page on which you submit information is a Co-Branded Page, or was accessed by clicking on a link on a Co-Branded Page, then we may share your personal information with the associated Co-Branded Company. Co-Branded Companies may use your personal information in accordance with their own privacy policies. You will need to contact Co-Branded Companies to instruct them directly regarding your preferences for the use of your personal information by them. Additionally, you agree that we may use and disclose all such information so submitted to such Co-Branded Companies in the same manner in which we are entitled to use and disclose any other information you submit to us. Some Co-Branded Pages may contain an action tag (also known as a Web Beacon or a 1 pixel .gif file) that a third party, such as the advertising company Avenue A, may use to read cookies that it, or its clients, may have placed on your browser at other (non-KindRideShare.net) web sites before your visit to KindRideShare.net. This technology is used to measure the effectiveness of advertisements on such other Websites that promote Co-Branded Pages.Any third party with whom we are allowed to share your personal information is authorized to use your personal information in accordance with our contractual arrangements with such third parties and in accordance with their own privacy policies, over which we have no control, and you agree that we are not responsible or liable for any of their actions or omissions. Those who contact you will need to be instructed directly by you regarding your preferences for the use of your personal information by them.Please read the information below under the heading "Special Cases in which we Share Personal and Financial Information" to learn more ways in which we may share your personal information.
How We Use Financial InformationWe use your financial information to check your qualifications, to bill you for products and/or services and to enable you to participate in benefit programs in which you may elect to participate. By making a purchase, or engaging in any other kind of activity or transaction that uses financial information, on the Website, you consent to our providing your financial information to our service providers and to such third parties as we determine are necessary to support and process your activities and transactions, as well as to your credit card issuer for their purposes. These third parties may include the credit card companies and banking institutions used to process and support the transaction or activity. By purchasing, or registering or making reservations for, products or services of third parties offered on the Website, or by participating in programs offered on the Website that are administered by third parties and that require you to submit financial information in order to use them, you also consent to our providing your financial information to those third parties. Additionally, if the page on which you submit information is a Co-Branded Page, or was accessed by clicking on a link on a Co-Branded Page, then we may share your financial information with the associated Co-Branded Company. Any of these various third parties (including Co-Branded Companies) may be authorized to use your financial information in accordance with our contractual arrangements with such third parties and in accordance with their own privacy policies, over which we have no control, and you agree that we are not responsible or liable for any of their actions or omissions. Additionally, you agree that we may use and disclose all such information so submitted to such third parties in the same manner in which we are entitled to use and disclose any other information that you submit to us. Please read the information below under the heading "Special Cases in which we Share Personal and Financial Information" to learn more ways in which we may share your financial information.
Our Security PrecautionsThe Website has security measures in place to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control. Our secure server software (SSL) is the industry standard and among the best software available today for secure commerce transactions. We encrypt all of your personal and financial information as it travels over the Internet and we store your financial information on our servers in encrypted form. Your information may be transferred to and maintained on computer networks which may be located outside of the state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction in which you reside, and the country or jurisdiction in which these computer networks are located may not have privacy laws as protective as the laws in your country or jurisdiction.
What is Copyright Infringement?A copyright infringement occurs when someone copies or creates other derivative works, displays, performs, or distributes, without authorization, any work that is protected by copyright.According to this, if a copyright protected digital media is uploaded to KindRideShare.net servers, both the uploader and KindRideShare.net are subject to copyright infringement. If you're wondering, then how is it possible for KindRideShare.net to accept the uploaded content of its users without facing liability for their actions, then you're on the right track. This is where the DMCA plays a critical role. Introducing the DMCA Safe Harbor.
What is the "Safe Harbor"?To protect the rights of website operators like KindRideShare.net, YouTube, Twitter, Facebook, etc., to include internet service providers, the US congress implemented the DMCA in 1998 with a provision for a safe harbor. This allows internet service providers and website operators to execute a notice and a takedown procedure.Specifically, the DMCA provides a safe harbor or immunity for website operators and internet service providers to protect them from copyright infringement under the following conditions:o The website provider has no knowledge of the presence of the infringing materials on their sites.o They don't receive a financial gain directly from the infringing materialso They comply and implement a notice and takedown procedure if such a situation occursFor implementing the notice and takedown procedure, the website operator must:o Designate a specific Copyright Agent to handle infringement claimso Create a DMCA policy for their site and ensure that it's available to all the site's userso Comply with the DMCA policy on receiving an infringement claim. This could involve preventing potent offenders from accessing the site.
KindRideShare.net DMCA policyIf a registered member of KindRideShare.net or a visitor from the general public finds any material on any page within the KindRideShare.net website that is in violation of copyright and/or trademark law, here is what is needed in order to properly file a complaint with the KindRideShare.net DMCA agent:o Clear identification of the copyrighted worko Identification of the material that is allegedly copying from the original worko Accurate contact information of the person who is submitting the claimo A statement that proves that the claim is made in good faitho A statement that the claim is accurate and is liable for penalty of perjuryo Signature of the person submitting the claimIf KindRideShare.net receives a copyright claim then the content being reported must be removed or disable from the website within three (3) days after receiving the notice. Whenever such event occurs, it the policy of KindRideShare.net to first immediately notify the user who uploaded the content to remove the material immediately. If the user does not remove the content from their page when instructed to do, KindRideShare.net may take its own action by disabling the page from all visitors other than the page's creator.After being notified of a copy infringement, a registered user can then file a counter notice if they believe they have not violated any copyright infringements. KindRideShare.net offers online reporting and processing forms within its DMCA policy section for ease of use and expediency. Though not required, KindRideShare.net encourages all DMCA notices to be filed through its online DMCA policy forum.Additionally, if a user makes repeated offences, then KindRideShare.net may consider removing that user from accessing the KindRideShare.net website.
The DMCA Applies Only to Copyright InfringementThe DMCA doesn't protect KindRideShare.net from other digital offences like violations of trade secret laws, non-disclosure agreements, trademark infringements, defamation claims and more. These complaints are also handled through the KindRideShare.net DMCA forum. Unless the user practicing speech protected under the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, all such content will be removed without notice before any other action will be taken. The user will then be notified of the action taken and given the opportunity to defend them self and the content they uploaded to the KindRideShare.net website.
Take Advantage of the DMCA Safe HarborThe Safe Harbor of DMCA ensures that the KindRideShare.net social networking platform remain protected from the actions of its users. This is what has helped major online platforms like YouTube, Pinterest, and Facebook remain sources of creative content where users can submit and share content.
How do you Prevent Others from Copying the Content on your Website?
Spotting Copyright InfringementThe first step is to use copyscape.com, to find if other copies of your website exist on the internet. Type in the home page of your site and do a search. If you get results, then you know that your content has been copied online. Use the advanced tools available on this site, to track other pages that may have your content. If doing this at regular intervals seems exigent, you can hire a professional SEO services agency who can keep an eye on your content while making efforts to boost your website search engine visibility.
Resolving Copyright InfringementOnce you have identified content pages contain your content, the next step is to request KindRideShare.net to take down the content. When doing so, you may expect any one of these three scenarios:
1. Website has a DMCA FormSince KindRideShare.net offers a DMCA forum to accept all reports, then all you have to do is fill in the form and submit your take down request.
2. Website DMCA Forum Is Not AccessibleIn cases where the KindRideShare.net DMCA forum is not functioning or unavailable for any reason, you'll have to draft a formal DMCA takedown notice and mail it to the KindRideShare.net DMCA agent. There are plenty of guidelines available on how to create a DMCA takedown notice. To help you along you are asked to scroll back to the section titled "KindRideShare.net DMCA Policy" toward the top of this page.Once you send your notice, KindRideShare.net will then send a notice to the user and request them to take down the infringing content. Once the user removes the content, KindRideShare.net will alert you of the procedure and then close the support ticket. In the event the user refuses to take down the material, KindRideShare.net will disable that particular content from appearing or the entire user account.
3. DMCA Agent Contact InformationKindRideShare.netDMCA Agent6033 Castlegate Dr W, Ste 2715Castle Rock, CO 80108Phone: +1 (720) 260-4453eMail: dmca@KindRideShare.netWeb: KindRideShare.net
Legal Ages of Consent, state by state
Use the map below to determine the legal age of consent within the state where you are a legal resident.
Click here to go back to the top.